Last updated on: September 8th, 2017
Gorochanadi Vati (Gutika/ tablet) is an Ayurvedic medicine.It is used in fever, asthma, cough, loss of consciousness, sinusitis, delirium, diminished vision, a heaviness of head etc. It is highly efficient and a fast acting drug. It should be taken under the supervision of a good Ayurvedic physician only.
Ingredients of Gorochanadi Vati
- Kalankombu (Mriga Shringa)
- Chandana (Shveta candana)
- Ramachchha (Ushira)
- Abja (Kamala)
- Gandha marjara virya
- Naga bhasma
- Krishna mriga Shringa
- Go Shringa
- Varaha Shringa (Varaha danta)
- Aja Shringa
- Mahisha Shringa
- Kiriyat (Kiratatikta)
- Ponnu (Svarna) bhasma
- Pravala bhasma
- Anjana (Srotonjana)
- Jiraka (Shveta jiraka)
- Tumba (Dronapushpi)
- Karpasasthi (Karpasa)
- Mayura (Apamarga bija)
- Putigandha (Chirabilva)
- Munna (Agnimantha)
- Karaleka (Ishvari)
- Shankhapushpa (Shankhapushpi)
- Nilini (Nili)
- Jatika (Jatiphala)
- Pongara (Tankana) - Shuddha
- Mayakka (Mayakku)
- Shatapushpa (Shatahva)
- Ajaji (Shveta jiraka)
- Aryamuttanga (Musta)
- Krishna jiraka
- Ambaka (Ambara)
- Ardraka nira (Ardraka)
(Reference: Vaidyayogaratnavali, Gutikaprakarana: 77)
1-2 tablet (125 mg) twice a day
Surasa Patra Swarasa (Tulasi leaves juice), Nagavalli Dala Swarasa (betel leaves juice), Ardraka Swarasa (ginger juice)
- Jvara (Fever)
- Shwasanaka Jwara (Pneumonia)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Shwasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma)
- Kantha roga (Disorders of Throat)
- Sannipata Jwara (High-grade fever due to vitiation of all Dosha)
- Smritinasha (Loss of memory)
- Shravana Lopa (Impaired hearing)
- Drishti Lopa (Defects in eye sight)
- Sangya nasha (Loss of consciousness)
- In fever, it may be used along with Amruttotaram Kashayan (20ml + 60ml water) and Mahasudarshan Vati (250mg) twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner.
- In pneumonia, it should be used with Dashmoolajeerakadi Kashayam or Nayopayam Kashayam (20ml + 60ml water) and Punarnavadi Mandur (250mg).
- In Kasa (cough), it should be used with Dashmoola Haritaki (5gm) and Eladi Vati twice a day.
- In dyspnoea and asthma, it should be used with Nayopayam Kashayam (20ml + 60ml water), Shwas Kuthar Ras (125mg) and Prawal Pishti (125mg) twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner with honey or lukewarm water. Dashmoolajeerakarishtam (15ml+ 15ml water) may also be added to these medicines.
- In throat infection, it should be used with Eladi Vati or Lavangadi Vati twice a day. Chyavanprash Avaleha (5-10gm) may also be added to these medicines for a better result.
- In high-grade fever (Sannipata Jwara), Gorochanadi Vati can be used with Mahasudarshan Ghan Vati (250mg), Kamdudha Ras (125mg), Giloy Satva (125mg) and Amruttotaram Kashayam (20ml + 60ml water) twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner.
- In a loss of memory, it should be used with Brahmi Vati (500mg), Manas Mitram Pills (125mg) and Kalyanakam Kashayam (20ml + 60ml water) twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner. Kalyanak Ghritam 10-20gm may be also be taken at night after dinner with anupana of lukewarm water or milk.
- In impaired hearing problem, Gorochanadi Vati should be used with Sarivadi Vati (250mg), Yograj Gugul (500mg) twice daily after a meal. Indukantam Ghritam or Kalyanakam Ghritam (10-20gm) once after dinner with an anupana of lukewarm water or milk. Bilwa Tail or Dashmool tail 2 drops can be put in the ears for a better result.
- In defects in eyesight or blurred vision, it should be used with Saptamrit Lauh (125mg) and Mahatriphala Ghritam (10gm) twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner.
- In the loss of consciousness, it should be used with Brahmi Vati (500mg) and Kalyanaka Kashayam (20ml + 60ml water) twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner. Brihatvat Chintamani Ras or Rasraj Ras (125mg) may also be added.
Side Effects, Pregnancy Safety & Precaution
- It is a special and fast acting Ayurvedic medicine. It should be used under the supervision of a good Ayurvedic physician.
- It should not be used in a dry cough.
- It should be taken with precaution in Pitta associated problems.
- It contains some dravyas (drugs) of animal origin. (e.g. Gorochana - bile, Shringa - horn)
- It should be avoided during pregnancy.
Recommendations:Shwasan Capsules: A natural remedy for respiratory problemsCardo Capsules: A natural remedy for heart diseases