Last updated on: September 8th, 2017
Khadiradi Vati (Gutika/ tablet) is an Ayurvedic medicine mainly used in the diseases or mouth and buccal cavity. It is useful in halitosis, mouth ulcers, stomatitis, tonsillitis etc. Rogadhikara (drug of choice) of Khadiradi Vati is Mukha Roga according to Charaka Samhita and Kasa according to Yoga Ratnakara. In this article, we will discuss Khadiradi Vati according to both references.
Ingredients of Khadiradi Vati
(Reference: Charaka Samhita, Chikitsa Sthana, Adhyaya 26: 206-214)
(Reference: Yogaratnakara, Kasachikitsa: Page 353-354)
1 tablet (250 mg) to be sucked 4 to 5 times a day Or to be crushed or taken with honey.
Lukewarm water, honey
- Mukha Daurgandhya (Halitosis or bad breath)
- Mukha Paka (Stomatitis)
- Danta Roga (Diseases of tooth)
- Danta shaushirya (Dental caries)
- Danta Krimi (Dental caries)
- Gala Roga (Diseases of throat)
- Aruchi (Tastelessness)
- Chaladanta (Loose tooth)
- Mukhajadya (Restricted movement of jaw)
- Asya Roga (Diseases of buccal cavity)
- Kasa (Cough) - Yogratnakar
- Shvasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma) - Yogratnakar
- In halitosis (bad breath), Khadiradi Vati is to be sucked 3-5 times a day and Kumaryasava or Jeerakaristam (15ml + 15ml water) twice a day after meal.
- In Mukha Paka (Stomatitis), it is used in prescribed dose with Kamdudha Ras (125mg), Chandanadi Vati (250mg) and Avipatikara Churna twice a day.
- In Danta Roga (Diseases of the tooth), it is used along with Arogyavardhini Vati (250mg) and Apamarga Moola churna (250mg) twice a day after meal.
- In Danta Krimi (Dental caries), it is used in the above dosage with Kaishore Guggul (500mg), Krimikuthar Ras (250mg) and Vidangasava (15ml+15ml water) twice a day after meal.
- In Gala Roga (Diseases of the throat), 250mg of Khadiradi Vati is crushed and mixed with Sitopladi Churna (250mg), Prawal Pishti 125mg) and taken with honey or Chyavanprash.
- In Aruchi (Tastelessness), it is used with Mustarishta or Kumaryasava (15ml+ 15ml water) twice a day after meal.
- In Chaladanta (Loose tooth), it should be sucked 3-4 times a day. And paste of Apamarga mool is to be applied over gums and kept for a while.
- In Mukhajadya (Restricted movement of jaws), it is used with Yograj Guggul (500mg). Mahanarayan Oil or Murivenna Oil or Mahamasha Oil is massaged gently externally and then mild fomentation is given after placing Katphal patra (jackfruit leaf) over jaws (mandibular joint).
- In Kasa (a dry cough), it is taken with Talisadi Churna and in wet cough with Sitopladi churna twice a day 1 hour before a meal.
- In Shvasa Roga (Dyspnoea/ Asthma), it should be taken with Nayopayam Kashayam 20ml, Lakshmi Vilas Rasa 250mg twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner. Dashmoolajeerakarishtam (15ml + 15ml water) may be taken twice a day after meal. Chyavanprasha or Swasijeevanam may also be added to these medicines.
Side Effects, Pregnancy Safety & Precaution
- No specific side effects reported.
- It is safe to consume in pregnancy.
Shwasan Capsules: Best medicine for respiratory problems
Septivite Capsules: A natural antibiotic and immune booster