Kankayan Gutika (Vati/ tablet) is an Ayurvedic medicine mainly used in the abdominal lump, worm infestation, piles, bleeding disorders, and several heart diseases. Rogadhikara (drug of choice) of Kankayan Gutika is Gulma (Bhaishajya Ratnavali).
Ingredients of Kankayan Gutika
- Pushkaramula (Pushkara)
- Shringavera (Ardraka)
- Trivrita (Trivrit)
- Yava kshara (Yava)
- Yamani (Yavani)
- Ajaji (Shveta jiraka)
- Upakunchi (Upakunchika)
- Matulunga rasa (Matulunga) for mardana
(Reference: Bhaishajyaratnavali, Gulmadhikara: 56-62)
1 tablet (500 mg) to 2 tablets twice daily after meal or as directed by the physician.
Ghee, milk, water, cow's urine, Triphala Kashaya
- Gulma (Abdominal lump)
- Krimi (Helminthiasis/ Worm infestation)
- Arsha (Haemorrhoids)
- Raktapitta (Bleeding disorder)
- Hridroga (Heart diseases)
- In Gulma (abdominal lumps), Kankayan Gutika (500mg), Arogyavardhini Vati (250mg), Punarnavadi Mandur (250mg) is taken with lukewarm water twice a day after meal.
- In Krimi Roga (worm infestation), it is taken with Krimi Kuthar Ras (250mg) and Vidangasava (15ml+ 15ml water) twice daily after meal.
- In Shushka Arsha (non bleeding piles), it should be taken with Arsha Kuthar Rasa or Arshoghni Vati 250 mg, Triphala Gugulu 500mg and Abhayarishta (15ml+ 15ml water) twice daily after meal.
- In Rakta Arsha (bleeding piles), it should be taken with Arsha Kuthar Rasa or Arshoghni Vati 250 mg, Bolbaddha Ras 250mg, Punarnavadi Mandur 250mg twice a day after meal or 1 hr before breakfast and dinner.
- In Rakta Pitta (bleeding disorders), it is used with Bolbaddha Rasa 250ml, Kamdudha Ras or Kaharva Pishti 125mg twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner.
- In Hridroga (heart diseases), it should be used with Prabhakar Vati 250mg and Arjuna Ksheera Paka 50ml twice a day 1 hour before breakfast and dinner.
Side Effects, Pregnancy Safety & Precaution
- It should be used with precaution in Pitta dominant problems.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy.
Pilexozyl Capsules: Natural remedy for piles
LaxMax Capsules: Effective remedy for constipation