Last updated on: September 8th, 2017
Eladi Vati (Eladi Gulika/ Eladi Gutika) is a drug of choice of Rakta Pitta (haemorrhage and bleeding disorder). It is also used in Swarabheda (hoarseness of voice), Kasa (cough), Chhardi (vomiting), Shwasa roga (asthma and breathing problems) etc.
Ingredients of Eladi Vati
- Ela (Sukshmaila) - 6 g
- Patra (Tejapatra) - 6 g
- Tvak - 6 g
- Pippali - 24 g
- Sita - 48 g
- Madhuka (Yashtimadhu) - 48 g
- Kharjura - 48 g
- Mridvika (Draksha) - 48 g
- Madhu - 48 g
(Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Raktapittadhikara: 32-35)
1 to 2 tablets (250mg) should be sucked 3 to 5 times a day or as directed by the physician.
Eladi Vati may be taken alone or with honey or lukewarm water.
Eladi Vati is indicated and used in following diseases:
- Chhardi (Emesis)
- Hikka (Hiccup)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Shwasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma)
- Bhrama (Vertigo)
- Murccha (Syncope)
- Raktapitta (Bleeding disorder)
- Rakta Nishthivana (Blood stained sputum)
- Jvara (Fever)
- Mada (Intoxication)
- Trishna (Thirst)
- Aruchi (Tastelessness)
- Parshva Shula (Intercostal neuralgia and pleurodynia)
- Shosha (Cachexia)
- Pliha Roga (Splenic disease)
- Amavata (Rheumatism)
- Svarabheda (Hoarseness of voice)
- Kshata Kshaya (Emaciation due to injury)
- Shukrakshaya (Oligospermia)
- In nausea and vomiting, Eladi Vati is to be sucked 3 to 5 times a day. Kamdudha Ras 250mg and Mayurpichchha Bhasma 125mg is also suggested along with it.
- In a cough and breathing problems like dyspnoea, asthma and bronchitis etc. Eladi Vati should be taken along with 250mg- 250mg of Sitopladi Churna or Talisadi Churna and honey or lukewarm water.
- In vertigo and syncope it can be taken along with 10-15ml of Mridvikasava/ Saraswatarishta/ Ashwagandharishta and equal water 2 to 3 times a day after meal.
- In bleeding disorders and hemoptysis, Eladi Vati is taken along with 125mg of Kaharva Pishti or Bolbaddha Rasa or Nagkesar and Ushira swaras 5-10ml.
- In alcohol abuse, thirst and tastelessness, it is to be sucked three to four times a day.
- In Intercostal neuralgia, pleurodynia and cachexia it should be taken along with Sitopladi Churna 250mg, Abhraka Bhasma 75-125mg, Shringa Bhasma 125mg and Pushkarmoola Churna 250mg. This mixture can be taken with honey or lukewarm water.
- In splenic disease, it is taken along with Arogyavardhini Vati 250mg and Punarnavadi Mandur 250mg.
- In rheumatoid arthritis, Eladi Vati 250mg, Yograj Gugul or Singhnad Gugul 500mg and Punarnavadi Mandur is suggested.
- In hoarseness of voice, it should be sucked 4-5 times a day or can be crushed, mixed with honey and taken 2-3 times a day.
- In oligospermia, Eladi Vati 250mg, Chandraprabha Vati 500mg, Shatavaryadi Churna 1gm, Kaunch Beej Churna 500mg and Ashwagandha Churna 500mg is taken twice daily with milk.
Side Effects, Pregnancy Safety & Precaution
- No side effects and the adverse reaction has been reported.
- It contains honey and sugar. Hence, the Diabetic patients should not take it in high dose.
- It is safe to consume in pregnancy.
Shwasan Capsules: Natural remedy for respiratory problems
Septivite Capsules: A herbal antibiotic and immunity booster