Agnitundi Vati is mainly used in digestive impairment, loss of appetite, indigestion, gastric trouble and other digestive problems. Agni is a Sanskrit word, which means fire (digestive fire). Agnitundi Vati stimulates digestive fire and helps in proper digestion. It is available in tablet dosage form.
Ingredients of Agnitundi Vati
- Suta (Parada) - Shuddha - 1 Part
- Visha (Vatsanabha) - Shuddha - 1 Part
- Gandha (Gandhaka) - Shuddha - 1 Part
- Ajmoda - 1 Part
- Haritaki - 1 Part
- Bibhitaka - 1 Part
- Amalaki - 1 Part
- Svarjikshara - 1 Part
- Yava kshara (Yava) - 1 Part
- Vahni (Chitraka) - 1 Part
- Saindhava Lavana - 1 Part
- Jiraka (Shveta jiraka) - 1 Part
- Sauvarcala Lavana - 1 Part
- Vidanga - 1 Part
- Samudra Lavana - 1 Part
- Tankana - Shuddha - 1 Part
- Vishamushti - Shuddha - 16 Parts
- Jambiramla (Jambira) - Q.S. for Mardana
(Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Agnimandyadi Rogadhikara: 117-118)
Depending upon the chronicity of the disease and age of the patients it may be taken in a dose of 1 to 2 tablets (125 to 250 mg) or as recommended by the physician.
Agnitundi Vati may be taken with lime juice or warm water as per physician's advice.
Agnitundi Vati is used in following problems -
- Agnimandya (Digestive impairment/ loss of appetite)
- Aadhmana (gastric trouble and bloating)
- Ama Jwara (Fever due to indigestion)
- Ama Vata (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Udara krimi (intestinal worm infestation)
Therapeutic Uses & Benefits
- In digestive impairment or loss of appetite, 1 tablet (125mg) of Agnitundi Vati can be used twice daily before a meal with lukewarm water.
- In gastric trouble, abdominal bloating and indigestion, 1 tablet twice a day after meal with lukewarm water is suggested.
- In Ama Jwara (where Ama is the main causative factor), it helps to digest Ama (toxin) and fever subside. Mahasudarshan Vati may be additionally taken along with it.
- Agnitundi Vati along with Amavatadi Ras and Punarnavadi Mandur is useful in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Agnitundi Vati taken with Vidangasava is a very effective remedy for Kaphaj Krimi (worm infestation).
Side Effects, Pregnancy Safety & Precaution
Agnitundi Vati contains purified and processed heavy metals and toxic material as ingredients, hence it should be strictly taken under Ayurved physician's advice only.
- It should not be used in pregnancy and children below the age of 7 yrs.
- It should not be taken for the long term.
- It should not be used in the ulcer, ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory conditions of the digestive system.
- It should not be recommended for patients with high blood pressure and Pitta dominated conditions.
Gestizyme Capsules: A natural digestive and carminative
Livy Capsules: A natural liver protective and liver tonic