Last updated on: September 8th, 2017
Introduction of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
Tintidika Rhus parviflora is a medicinal plant used in anorexia, heart diseases, musculo-skeletal diseases etc. It is used externally or internally.
- Botanical name of Tintidika is Rhus parviflora.
- Family name of Tintidika is Anacardiaceae.
(Image source – tasteofnepal.blogspot.in)
Vernacular Names (Names in different languages) of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
Tintidika Rhus parviflora has different names in different regions and languages.
- Sanskrit – Tintidika
- Hindi – Samakdan
- English – Sumac
- Marathi – Samaka Kadana
- Nepali – Satibair
- Punjabi – Khatte Masoor
- Kashmir – Samak
Systemic Classification of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
- Kingdom – Plantae
- Sub-kingdom – Tracheobionta-vascular Plants
- Division – Magnoliophyta-flowering plants
- Class – Magnoliopsida-Dicotyledons
- Subclass – Rosidae
- Order – Sapindales
- Family – Anacardiaceae
- Genus – Rhus
- Species – Parviflora
Useful Parts of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
Chemical Constituents of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
It is highly rich in tannin.
Ayurvedic Properties of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
- Rasa – Amla
- Guna – Lakhu, Ruksha
- Virya – Ushna
- Vipaka – Amla
- Doshaghnata – Vata hara
Actions of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
According to Ayurveda, following actions (Karma) are performed by Tintidika Rhus parviflora in our body –
- Dipana (appetizer)
- Grahi (astringent)
- Hridroga hara (cures heart diseases)
- Vataroga hara (cures musculo- skeletal diseases)
- Ama Pachana (digestive)
Therapeutic Uses of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
- Fruit juice is credited with vermifuge properties.
- In toothache the hot infusion used for gargling.
- In conjunctivitis it is applying in eyes.
- In case of oedema paste is applied on the affected area.
- In rhinitis, the paste is applied in forehead.
Dosage of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
Chrurna – 3 – 6 gm
Ayurvedic Medicines –
- Yavani shadava Churna
- Pathadi churna
- Vyoshadi vati
Photographs of Tintidika Rhus parviflora –
Click on image to enlarge