Anemia or anaemia is a condition of decrease in RBCs (red blood cells) or hemoglobin (Hb) in the blood. In Ayurveda, it may be correlated with Pandu Roga. In this post I will discuss about Ayurvedic treatment and Ayurvedic medicine for anemia. The details of Pandu Roga can be find under category Disease info. Also you may visit wiki to get information on modern aspects of anemia.
Note – Every disease require proper care and management under supervision of expert doctor. Please consult your doctor before trying any remedy or advise.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Anemia
Dosage and choice of Ayurvedic medicine may be different in different cases. Following Ayurvedic medicines are suggested for anemia–
|1.||Giloy Sat: 10 gm|
Prawal Panchamrita: 5 gm
Mandura Bhasma: 5 gm
Abhraka Bhasma: 5 gm
Mukta Pishti: 2 gm
|Mix all of the above mentioned medicinal combination and make 40 parts from them. Take 1 part twice with honey or water empty stomach.|
|2.||Punarnavadi Mandur: 250 mg|
Chandraprabha Vati: 500 mg
|Take both tablets twice with water after meal.|
|3.||Lohasava: 10 ml|
Drakshasava: 10 ml
|Mix each of above two with 20 ml of water, and take twice after meal.|
Other Ayurvedic medicine for anemia –
- Mandura Vatakam – 250 mg to 500 mg twice a day before meal.
- Amritarishta – 15 ml to 20 ml mixed with equal quantity of water, twice a day after meal.
- Navayas Louh – 125 mg to 250 mg twice a day before meal.
- Dhatri Louh – 125 mg to 250 mg twice a day before meal.
- Saptamrit Louh – 125 mg to 250 mg twice a day before meal.
- Rohitakarishta – 15 ml to 20 ml mixed with equal quantity of water, twice a day after meal.
Yoga Advice –
Pranayama like Anuloma viloma, Kapalbhanti and Bhastrika pranayama are found very effective in various case of anemia. Actually Pranayama are nothing but breathing techniques or breathing exercise which can be performed easily by anyone. There are some techniques which you can learn through online videos or under guidance of Yoga experts.